impact of corruption on economy and especially Prince George’s County:
- In corrupt states, the business community has to allocate some of its funds to corruption, which cuts down on investment and the gross national product;
- Corruption binds free competition, with the biggest damage done to small businesses;
- With decreasing competition, the quality of goods and services becomes worse;
- State revenues decrease and the shadow economy grows;
- Where corruption is tolerated, civil servants receive small salaries, yet with the saved budgetary expenses ordinary citizens have to pay them out of their pocket as bribes;
- Foreign investors have less trust in the state and their contribution to the country’s economy decreases.
impact of corruption on state governance:
- Less state investment and smaller efficiency of state-ordered works;
- Areas of governmental activities and structure of expenditure are subject to change – corrupt public officials “push” the projects which guarantee bigger gain;
- Corrupt government is weak and constrained;
- Selfishness of public officials overshadows strategic thinking in terms of the needs of the state, therefore, economic and social problems lack proper attention;
- The quality of public services deteriorates.
Socio-political consequences resulting from Corruption:
- Having no trust in corrupt politicians and public officials, citizens lose trust in the state;
- There is less involvement in public activities and less interest in the work of democratic bodies;
- There is less political competition when autocratic ideologies become more popular;
- Social tension grows and the political stability of the state diminishes.
Time for Dr. Hite to go has come. We can’t sustain another Dr. Hornsby This is ridiculous. Our kids and staff deserve better than this. I can’t wait to cast my vote.
Dr. Hite, come down and shell out.
He deserves to come down immediately and shell out. We can not help with baby steps.
We can not afford to have “leaders” in our schools, who preach water and drink wine. Time for honesty accessment has come.