Dr. Kevin Maxwell CEO of Prince George’s County has refused to answer questions from the reporter of the Forest of the rain production in prince George’s County despite repeated assurances. Dr. Mike Robinson claims have been backed up by Senator Antony Muse and former editor of the PG Sentinel Mr. Holden Wilen who stated they had the same problems. Senator Muse specifically stated that…. “Wow is all I can say. For two years I have as a sitting Senator tried to get meetings and returned calls from HIM not staff and to no avail. So I believe you on this wow #noaccountability” (See screenshot below).
Mr. Holden Wilen post stated the following …”I was editor of the PD Sentinel for more than a year and he only did one interview with us. The only was to actually talk to him was to catch him after a BOE meeting.
Independent media around the world have emerged as some of the most powerful forces in the struggle to change closed, repressive regimes into open and productive societies. We at Reform Sasscer Movement believe independent media can be helped to carry out two major roles: being a “watchdog” over government and educating people about the issues that affect their lives.
Two hundred years ago, President Thomas Jefferson said it best: “The only security of all is in a free press.” In 1823 Jefferson said: “The force of public opinion cannot be resisted when permitted freely to be expressed. The agitation it produces must be submitted to. It is necessary, to keep the waters pure.”
Here is Dr Mike Robinson‘s post on the facebook:
Yes, We Did Request an Interview with Dr. Maxwell!
(1) On August 29, 2016, I requested an interview with Dr. Kevin Maxwell, CEO Prince George’s County Public Schools. I received a response from the CEO’s office: Read below:
“Good Afternoon, We will look to schedule the interview sometime next week. I will follow-up later with a date and time.
(2) On August 29, 2016, I responded as follows:
“Please inform Dr. Maxwell, I have interviewed the following people and will send links to the podcast upon their release.
K. Alexander Wallace
I am scheduled to interview the following:
David David W Smith Sr
I requested the following interviews:
Derrick Leon Davis
Rushern L. Baker
If you have any questions, please feel free to give me a call at XXX.XXX.XXXX
(3) I did not hear back from the CEO’s Office, therefore, I assumed he was no longer interested in an interview with Forest Of The Rain Productions. However, on September 7, 2016, I received another response from the CEO’s office:
Just wanted to let you know that we are working on a date for the interview. I will follow-up with you later.
(4) I responded: “Ok. I will send the questions by COB Thursday for Dr. Maxwell to review. Let him know the questions will be tough.
I should be clear. Please inform Dr. Maxwell the questions will tough and very fair. I will not ask any questions related to personnel matters (i.e. the names of those discharged, re-assigned, etc)”
(5) The CEO’s office replied: “Will do and I will be in touch with a date. Thanks.”
(6) My next to last response was on September 7, 2016: “Hello, I wanted to get information to Dr. Maxwell as quickly as I could. Below are the draft interview questions. These are the questions, I may add one or two more, but these are basically what I believe people want to know. I may also delete a few.
It is important to share with Dr. Maxwell that we stick to the script, meaning it is better not to answer two or three questions inside of one question. However, I will ask the question anyway even if the guest has responded, in case it is missed by some.”