Some of the Prince George’s County Parents are pictured here demonstrating against a host of problems in PGCPS Sasscer 9/23/2014.
ORGANIZATIONS FROM THREE MARYLAND COUNTIES HAVE FORMED A COALITION TO CALL FOR A HALT TO THE CONSTRUCTION OF CELL TOWERS ON PUBLIC SCHOOL PLAYGROUNDS
- AACo Acts (Anne Arundel County Against Cell Towers at Schools)
Anne Arundel County NAACP
Citizens Against a Cell Tower at Julius West Middle School
- Coalition of Central Prince George’s County Community Organizations
- Liberty Rec and Tech Center, Baltimore
- Maryland Smart Meter Awareness
- Montgomery County NAACP
Parents’ Coalition of Montgomery County, Maryland
Prince George’s County NAACP
Safe Schools Prince George’s
- Reform Sasscer Movement for Prince George’s County.
- Kim Trueheart, Activist, Baltimore City
Lack of transparency and community involvement in the decision making process.
Safety Issues from the industrial machinery: fires, tower collapse, and worker accidents.
Environmental Issues such as paving over green space and cutting down trees.
Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT) such as diesel fuel and lead acid batteries on school grounds.
Increased carcinogenic air pollution: Diesel generator exhaust and biocides.
Health issues related to daily long term exposure to microwave radiation.
# # #
Media at Sasscer ready to cover the events live.